Monday, September 14, 2009

A LITTLE INTERIM NOTE ABOUT REPLACEMENT KEYBOARDS

PRODUCT REPORT: MAC KEYBOARD REPLACEMENT

The keyboard came! At this point I’m crazy with joy and relieved frustration, but it is quite different from what I expected. I bought from Partstore.com because it was the cheapest by a few dollars. It’s clearly the cheapest because the keyboard is missing some of the keys (the ones that were way up at the top for volume and the disc shelf) and there was no mouse. These were included in the replacement I bought from Macally. I can return this one, but I will not. Instead, I’ll buy another from Macally -- keyboards aren’t expensive -- and keep this one for the next time a keyboard goes bad.

In the meantime, I’m very curious about why the old keyboard went bad, only the letter “e” and nothing else. I think I will take a screwdriver to the back and do an autopsy. But not right now! Now I’ve got plenty to post!

No comments: