Wednesday, September 25, 2013

BLACKFEET COMMUNITY COLLEGE SYMPOSIUM

Instead of writing a post tonight, I'm going to post the program so you'll have it as a resource in case you do this sort of work or are just interested in it.  My understanding is that this is a kind of kick-off for a degree-granting program that will train first-line emergency responders for mental health crises.  As they say around here, "I can't take it anymore.  Help me."   The idea is to train people how to respond and how to pass those who need more than "bandaids" on to the next level.  Of course, now the problem becomes training enough of that second level to go around.  At present the supply is almost nonexistent when one factors in the cultural dynamics.  I'll post more tomorrow.





















No comments: